Mid-Level Software Engineer - Backend
Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2022
Live experiences help make us human, bringing us across today’s social and digital divides to focus on what truly connects us - the here, the now, the once-in-a-lifetime moment that we share - together. To fulfill Gametime’s vision to unite the world through shared experiences, we deliver fans an extraordinary experience for enjoying, discovering, and purchasing last-minute tickets to live events.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web, and desktop supporting events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket experience in a mobile-first world.
As a Backend Software Engineer at Gametime, you will be part of the team that builds and supports the system that powers the Gametime experience for millions of customers. We empower our engineers to own the code they write by fostering a culture that believes in testing, code reviews, metrics/instrumentation, experimentation, and operational excellence. We aim to champion a collaborative, fun, and inclusive environment where all ideas are welcome.
This role will report to an Engineering Manager.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with Product and Client teams to ensure product roadmap items are delivered on time.
- As part of the Backend team, own, monitor, and maintain the backend services and infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain reliable APIs (both external and internal facing) that support upwards of 500k RPM
- Write high quality code with accompanying tests.
- Support team success via code reviews and design discussions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 2+ years of full-time software engineering experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in at least one backend server language (e.g., Go, Ruby, Python, Java, C++, C#, Rust, Scala)
- Experience with version control systems, preferably git.
- Experience with database storage systems preferred (e.g. MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL, Cloud Spanner)
- Experience working with a major cloud platform preferred (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience/familiarity with microservices
What we can offer:
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401K, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- New equipment setup provided
- Diverse Family-forming benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Wellness programs
- Tenure recognition
Gametime is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.