Senior Product Designer
Posted on Tuesday, December 5, 2023
Live experiences help people cross today’s digital divide and focus on what truly connects us – the here, the new, this once-in-a-lifetime moment that’s bringing us together. To fulfill Gametime’s mission of uniting the world through shared experiences, we make it easy for people to discover and access the live experiences that matter most.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web and desktop supporting more than 25,000 events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket industry in order to move at the speed of life.
As Product Designer, you will be an integral part of a small, focused, and nimble team. You crave leading design projects that range from feature improvements or additions, to explorations with high ambiguity that demand innovation. You have the curiosity, craft, and drive to infuse product experiences with the delight and magic that make people love using Gametime.
The impact you'll have:
- Research, design, and launch improvements or new product features from start to finish as the primary design owner, partnering with product and engineering to ensure that the right experience is built and launched
- Intimately know our mobile app and web experience, developing a sense of our strengths and identifying opportunities for improvements
- Understand the current state of functionality and unmet user needs; explore ways to iterate and build on what is there, and converge on the best solution
- Iterate your designs based on qualitative and quantitative inputs to optimize effectiveness
- Be able to advocate/defend your work to others in the organization with professionalism and maturity, effectively articulating design methodology and rationaleHelp scale the design and product team by knowledge sharing, contributing to design patterns, and helping mentor less senior designers
A little more about you:
- Portfolio that demonstrates excellent visual design skills, strong design thinking, and an ability to translate complex problems into practical solutions
- Experience delivering polished and effective designs for iOS, Android, and web platforms
- Fluency in Figma and other industry-standard design/prototyping tools and familiarity with development
- Ability to own the design process end-to-end, from problem definition to design solution and delivery
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills — you’ll be collaborating with design, product, and engineering teams and presenting your work regularly
- Ability to design systematically — you’ll work within and contribute to the extensions of our design libraries
- Ability to prioritize and direct own work tasks; proactively anticipating, communicating and resolving blocking issues
- Self starter who can work through ambiguity
- 3+ years of product design experienceconsumer-facing / marketplace experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in design preferred, or equivalent industry-related experience
What we can offer you:
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401K, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- New equipment setup provided
- Diverse Family-forming benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Wellness programs
- Tenure recognition
Gametime is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.