Lead Backend Engineer (Pricing)
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2023
Live experiences help people cross today’s digital divide and focus on what truly connects us – the here, the new, this once-in-a-lifetime moment that’s bringing us together. To fulfill Gametime’s mission of uniting the world through shared experiences, we make it easy for people to discover and access the live experiences that matter most.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web and desktop supporting more than 25,000 events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket industry in order to move at the speed of life.
This role is for a Lead Backend Engineer at Gametime as a member of the Listings Lifecycle Team. This person will drive pricing, curation, and merchandising projects from ideation to implementation. This is an amazing opportunity because pricing tickets correctly and showing users the right inventory is essential to our business. You will be part of the team that builds and supports the Gametime App on iOS and Android and our mobile and desktop web applications. You will spec, build, test, review, deploy and monitor code used by millions. We aim to champion a collaborative, fun and inclusive environment where all ideas are welcome.
What you will work on:
- Collaborate with Product, Design, Data and Client engineers to ensure product roadmap items are delivered on time.
- Implement novel algorithms for real time pricing, curation (which tickets we show users), and merchandising
- Work closely with data scientists, machine learning engineers and product to scale a value scoring system
- Build, test, monitor, and maintain our microservices and infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain reliable APIs (both external and internal facing) that support upwards of 500k RPM
- Write high quality code with accompanying tests.
- Support team success via code reviews and actively participate in design discussions
- Launch experiments that drive millions of dollars to Gametime's bottom line
- Influence Gametime’s technology and team by giving tech talks and promoting engineering best practices.
Our Ideal Candidate Has
- 8+ years of full-time software engineering experience
- Experience in at least one backend server language (e.g. Go, Java, C++, C#, Rust, Ruby, Python)
- 3+ years of experience working with a major cloud platform (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience working alongside machine learning engineers or in the pricing domain
- Experience working with database storage systems, SQL (Postgres, MySQL, etc.) and NoSQL (MongoDB, CouchDB, DynamoDB, Bigtable, Cassandra)
- Experience building high throughput, fault-tolerant, distributed systems.
- Experience working with a fully remote team.
- Experience shipping machine learning models
- Familiarity with Docker and container orchestration systems.
- Experience working in the ticketing industry or at a marketplace company
- Experience working with CI/CD tools.
- Experience building microservices and event driven systems.
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment
- Experience working in the pricing domain, the ticketing industry, or at a marketplace company
What we can offer:
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401K, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- New equipment setup provided
- Diverse Family-forming benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Wellness programs
- Tenure recognition
Gametime is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.