Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
Live experiences help people cross today’s digital divide and focus on what truly connects us – the here, the new, this once-in-a-lifetime moment that’s bringing us together. To fulfill Gametime’s mission of uniting the world through shared experiences, we make it easy for people to discover and access the live experiences that matter most.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web and desktop supporting more than 25,000 events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket industry in order to move at the speed of life.
Engineering at Gametime:
You will be a pivotal member of the Engineering organization that builds and supports the client-side applications, backend services, and cloud infrastructure that power the Gametime experience for millions of users. At Gametime, we empower our engineers to take ownership of their code, cultivating a culture centered around testing, code reviews, metrics/observability, experimentation, and operational excellence. We are committed to fostering a collaborative, enjoyable, and inclusive environment that embraces and values the contribution of diverse ideas.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of engineers in product innovation and development for the Discovery & Retention. Your team owns the key experience around how event tickets are dynamically priced, curated, and displayed to a Gametime user.
As a technologist, you will provide oversight and support of the technical direction, implementation, and architecture of our features and systems. As a manager, you will have the opportunity to coach and inspire a group of talented engineers. As a leader, you will help plan and define the strategic roadmap to address the dynamic and complex challenges of the ticketing industry. The ability to navigate ambiguity, execute short term planning, and provide long term thinking will be key to your success.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of backend, mobile, and web engineers in product development, technical design, and successful delivery
- Manage and coach your team through effective 1-1’s, career guidance, mentorship, and continuous feedback
- Partner with the Product Manager to define, plan, and own the product roadmap and deliverables
- Work closely with cross functional departments (Data, Supply, Ticket Ops, Fan Happiness) to ensure seamless collaboration
- Build and maintain high performing teams
- Effectively communicate decisions and issues both upwards and downwards
Our ideal candidate has:
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- 3+ years of engineering management experience or equivalent
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience managing a cross-stack team (backend, mobile, web)
- Experience in leading teams in a startup environment
- Has consumer product experience at scale
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in building (recruiting/interviewing, hiring) a team
- Team development skills (mentorship, establishing goals, delivering feedback, career development)
- Experience working with a major cloud platform (AWS preferred)
- Bonus: Experience with two sided marketplaces and pricing algorithms
- Bonus: Experience designing and developing mobile applications and backend services
- Bonus: Experience with service oriented architectures
What we can offer:
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401K, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- New equipment setup provided
- Diverse Family-forming benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Wellness programs
- Tenure recognition
Gametime is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.