Sr. Marketing Analyst
Who we are:
MasterClass is the streaming platform where the world’s best come together so anyone, anywhere, can access and be inspired by their knowledge and stories. We put you in the room with creators, thinkers, makers and leaders who have changed the world, so that you can change yours.
If you want to help make an impact on our members’ lives - we want to hear from you!
Snapshot of the Role:
Data, and how they are used, play a central role at MasterClass and are at the heart of how we make marketing, business, product, content, and operational decisions. Our growing Data organization (Analytics, Data Science, and Data Engineering) is a specialized, cross-functional group that collaborates with a variety of departments to drive decisions and provide direction for future growth at MasterClass. The team tackles challenging problems across many technical disciplines, including time series forecasting, causal inference, and optimization.
We are looking for an exceptional Sr. Marketing Analyst with a proven track record of conducting technical and deep analysis on a variety of media platforms. The candidate will primarily focus on the analytics of lifecycle marketing, encompassing areas such as email and push notifications. Due to the interconnectedness of our marketing strategies, the candidate is also expected to be involved in paid media marketing if needed. The ideal candidate is an expert at synthesizing and communicating insights and actionable recommendations to audiences at varying levels of technical sophistication.
What You Will Do:
- Be responsible for comprehensive data analysis, from gathering business requirements and formulating hypotheses, to conducting in-depth data analysis and applying statistical and predictive modeling techniques. They will also develop visualizations/dashboards and effectively communicate findings and actionable insights to both business stakeholders and non-technical audiences.
- Work with lifecycle marketing data from both third-party vendors (such as Iterable, Census) and our internal data warehouse.
- Support business stakeholders in devising and implementing holistic lifecycle marketing strategies aimed at enhancing customer acquisition, retention, and engagement.
- Design and execute A/B tests to confirm hypotheses and perform campaign performance analysis.
- Offer decision-making support and recommendations to business owners, based on data-driven analysis. This includes conducting comprehensive analysis and delivering data narratives across various business groups.
- Foster and lead productive, positive collaborations with one or more cross-functional teams.
- Construct, manage, and communicate detailed reports, visualizations, and other tools to provide business insights and demonstrate business health.
**Above everything else, you are someone who drives impact, uses curiosity to do so and in the end, you’ve made both yourself and others better. We look for this in EVERY MasterClass hire.
- Strong marketing analytics background and data manipulation experience along with a high proficiency in SQL
- Fundamental understanding of data architecture, as well as familiarity with ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) workflows and processes
- Expert knowledge with business intelligence tools (e.g. Looker) and web analytics and marketing tools (e.g. Amplitude, Segment, Iterable)
- Expertise with statistical analyses, application, and concepts (e.g. regressions, experiment design, clustering etc.)
The following competencies are key to your success:
- Communication (both verbal and written)
- Problem solving
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.
The salary range listed is for NYC/CA/WA. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for any applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled.
MasterClass’s salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. In addition to salary, we also offer equity and comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, flexible PTO, and more). The range listed is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.