Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
The Athletic is a digital sports media company that brings true sports fans closer to the athletes, teams and leagues that captivate their attention. We serve a multi-faceted audience that craves a richer connection and understanding with immersive storytelling and a like-minded community of fans. Founded in 2016 and with major operational hubs in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London and Melbourne, we empower a truly global team of more than 600 creators and cover more than 250 professional sports and collegiate teams across the United States, Canada and the UK. Our newsroom has produced thousands of in-depth reports along with more than 120 podcasts and other forms of premium content. Put simply, The Athletic is at the center of a sports fan’s universe.
About the Role
The Athletic is looking for a producer to join our growing audio/video team. In this role you will help produce podcasts, and work on complementary projects/features that help drive growth and engagement for our flagship properties. This position is a one-year fixed term contract. Extension beyond this timeframe is dependent on business need but is not guaranteed.
This is a remote position based in the United States or Canada.
- Gather show notes and conduct show-related research.
- Prepare interview questions in collaboration with a Senior Producer or EP.
- Cut audio tracks, add music, sound effects and other creative elements.
- Manage an editorial/production calendar.
- Work closely with guests, hosts, and other producers on content creation and with social media teams on content distribution.
- Perform administrative and data analysis tasks as needed.
- Some travel may be necessary.
- Has advanced knowledge of podcast production and content creation and the engineering capabilities to record, edit, and publish a podcast.
- 2-5+ years of experience working in radio, podcasting or an adjacent field.
- Ability to manage production calendar.
- Ability to meet audio quality standards.
- Familiarity with audio editing software (ideally, Audition).
- This is a remote position based in the United States or Canada.
The annual base salary range for this role is $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 USD. The total compensation offered for this position may vary based on factors such as education, experience, skills, and location. It may also include non-cash rewards and benefits. The base salary range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
The Athletic offers unique perks and benefits to all full-time employees based on their country of residence. Our comprehensive US benefits package includes:
- Highly competitive, employer-contributed medical, dental, vision, basic life and disability insurance plans.
- Savings accounts for medical, wellness, and childcare expenses.
- 401k retirement savings plan and employer match.
- Paid time off including paid sick leave, 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days of accrued paid time off, and up to 20 weeks of Paid Parental Leave.
For international candidates: Our global benefits packages offer similar benefits and perks, competitive to the local market.
The Athletic Media Company is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. The Athletic will consider all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Click here to review our Applicant Privacy Notice, which describes how and when The Athletic Media Company collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of job applicants and prospective employees.