Account Manager (London)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
The Athletic is a digital sports media company that brings true sports fans closer to the athletes, teams and leagues that captivate their attention. We serve a multi-faceted audience that craves a richer connection and understanding with immersive storytelling and a like-minded community of fans. Founded in 2016 and with major operational hubs in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London and Melbourne, we empower a truly global team of more than 600 creators and cover more than 250 professional sports and collegiate teams across the United States, Canada and the UK. Our newsroom has produced thousands of in-depth reports along with more than 120 podcasts and other forms of premium content. Put simply, The Athletic is at the center of a sports fan’s universe.
About the Role
We are looking for a driven, enthusiastic individual who will be a key part of the UK commercial team. In this role you will be responsible for supporting our sales team in developing new business, executing on sold campaigns, and managing existing clients, including maintaining effective and positive client relationships. Some limited travel may be required.
This will be a hybrid role with a mix of in office and at home work schedule.
- Assisting Sales Managers in the support and management of accounts as it relates to all ad products.
- Building media plans, ad schedules, and collateral for pitches and RFP responses
- Assist with managing the execution of sold campaigns which may include booking inventory, gathering and distributing ad copy, newsletter assets, and other advertiser assets, setting up talent onboarding calls.
- Support sellers and ad operations with reporting on delivery of sold campaigns during and after campaign flight including creating campaign recaps.
- Supporting monthly billing and invoicing processes where applicable..
- Responding to client requests.
- Assisting Sales Managers in new business prospecting.
- Learn our business and the end-to-end ad sales process.
- Represent The Athletic brand.
- 1-3 years of account management or sales experience.
- Self-starter with great time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Eager to learn with the ability to improve on existing processes.
- Strong attention to detail.
- You love the sales process including providing great service to our clients.
- You are good at working independently but enjoy being part of a team.
The total compensation offered for this position may vary based on factors such as education, experience, skills, and location. It may also include non-cash rewards and benefits. The base salary range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
The Athletic offers unique perks and benefits to all full-time employees based on their country of residence. Our comprehensive US benefits package includes:
- Highly competitive, employer-contributed medical, dental, vision, basic life and disability insurance plans.
- Savings accounts for medical, wellness, and childcare expenses.
- 401k retirement savings plan and employer match.
- Paid time off including paid sick leave, 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days of accrued paid time off, and up to 20 weeks of Paid Parental Leave.
For international candidates: Our global benefits packages offer similar benefits and perks, competitive to the local market.
The Athletic Media Company is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. The Athletic will consider all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Click here to review our Applicant Privacy Notice, which describes how and when The Athletic Media Company collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of job applicants and prospective employees.