Showroom Sales Supervisor (part-time)
People & HR, Sales & Business Development, Operations
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2022
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
Tonal is looking for a part-time Retail Showroom Sales Supervisor to lead our Showroom Sales Specialists at our new Century City Showroom. In this role, you will be a critical component in driving sales at the Showroom. You’ll be leading the sales floor, and working closely with Sales Specialists in an effort to provide an exceptional customer experience. If you’re passionate about fitness, have a high bar for customer experience, and love to solve challenging problems, Tonal is the place for you.
What You Will Do
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of Tonal’s product, technology and brand image
- Lead Tonal demonstrations, calibrations and workouts with both scheduled and walk-in guests
- Lead conversations to figure out each individual guests specific needs/fitness goals and educate them on how Tonal can support their unique fitness journey
- Deliver on and exceed sales goals
- Maximize sales through exceptional customer relationships and impactful in-store service
- Maintain guest information, preferences and feedback using established Tonal sales systems (Salesforce)
- Conduct phone and/or email outreach to new clients to communicate updates and follow-ups
- Maintains an organized and clean sales floor area with an attention to detail
- Provide direction and guidance to Sales Specialists to ensure efficient and effective floor operations, customer service, and floor coverage
- Train Sales Specialists on product knowledge and Showroom procedures such as the checkout process, customer nurture cycle, and in-store experience
- Perform opening and closing procedures
- Create and maintain an environment of strong sales and exceptional customer service through teamwork, providing informal coaching and support when needed, and leading by example
- Unpack boxes for inventory as required (boxes can weigh 5 - 30 lbs)
Who You Are
- 2+ years sales experience in retail, fitness, service or hospitality industries
- Ability to deliver great customer experiences that build loyalty and deliver measurable sales results
- Strong verbal communication skills. You’re invigorated by interaction with customers, whether groups or individuals. You are approachable, a good listener, and an enthusiastic brand representative
- Flexibility, ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies; Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written communication skills. You’re organized, and you follow through on next steps
- Flexibility to work a standard retail schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Requires bending, stooping, reaching up, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform routine tasks for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Use of hands and/or arms, while performing client demos.
- Fitness industry experience
- Luxury or high-end product experience
- Proficiency with Apple Products, Google Suite, and Salesforce a plus
- Supervisory experience is preferred
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.