Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Accounting & Finance
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
As the Manager of FP&A, you will support the company with forecasting, modeling, and reporting; providing fact-based decision recommendations and establishing a high-quality financial planning and analysis framework. You will join a small, focused team that owns the end-to-end financial processes and is highly cross-functional across all departments. This role reports to the Sr. Director, FP&A with a high level of autonomy and opportunity to have a large impact from day one.
What You Will Do
- Build and maintain forecast models highlighting major assumptions, risks, and opportunities; providing analysis around actuals vs forecasts and budgets
- Support monthly close process through close partnership with the accounting team
- Enhance, standardize, and complete the company’s budgeting, planning, forecasting, and month-end reporting processes
- Assist the business in establishing and managing its financial targets, taking into consideration risks and opportunities, and proper allocation of revenue, expense, and capital to ensure the achievement of strategic goals
- Analyze company business drivers and provide insights to optimize performance and achieve business goals
- Develop reporting and variance analysis comparisons against budget and forecast
- Facilitate preparation of the budgets and forecasts in collaboration with the CFO and other executive leaders
- Prepare month end packages and variance analysis, highlighting risks and opportunities
Who You Are
- 3-5 years experience in FP&A / Corporate Finance
- Expertise in MS Excel, financial modelling, and financial systems (ideally in Netsuite and Adaptive Planning)
- Strong results-oriented self-starter able to accurately manage high levels of detail through ambiguous scenarios
- Highly organized with a successful track record of managing projects, systems, and processes
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with an ability to influence collaboratively at all organizational levels
- Experience in preparing financial reports that present findings and recommendations to stakeholders which are clear, concise and insightful
- Proficient with Google Suite
The range of base salary for the position is between $113,000 - $123,000 CAD plus equity and benefits. We take into consideration an individual’s background, experience, and location in determining their salary. This role is also eligible for health insurance, retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, flexible paid time off, parental leave, and other additional benefits.
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.