Technical Product Manager - Membership & Billing
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2023
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
Tonal’s monthly membership subscription is an essential element of our customer experience and a key to our long-term success as a business. As a Technical Product Manager, you will manage the roadmap for our subscription platform, help build the tooling that will scale our business, and identify opportunities to improve our already high retention rates.
What You Will Do
- Partner with our engineering team to build and maintain our subscription and billing infrastructure roadmap
- Be the product owner for our membership product offering, and identify product opportunities via market research, customer interviews, and analytics
- Conceptualize, scope, define, and drive projects through the product life cycle in close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders
- Track and measure the success of our subscription business, and feed learnings back into the roadmap
Who You Are
- 2+ years of technical product management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience shipping subscription or revenue products with high customer satisfaction
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with a bias for action
- Able to think both strategically and tactically
- An excellent problem-solver
- A passion for fitness or industry experience
- Familiarity with financial modeling and billing systems, especially Stripe
- Previous experience uncovering user insights using data analytics tools such as Snowflake, Looker, or Amplitude
The range of base salary for the position is between $155,000 - $170,000 USD plus equity and benefits. We take into consideration an individual’s background, experience, and location in determining their salary. This role is also eligible for health insurance, retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, flexible paid time off, parental leave, and other additional benefits.
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.