Customer Care Team Lead
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
Tonal is looking for a Customer Care Team Lead to support our in-house Member Operations Team. The Team Lead is responsible for providing a world class, high quality, and efficient experience that contributes to the health of the Tonal Community. The ideal candidate is passionate about helping others and is motivated by team-focused goals. They are excited by the idea of contributing to the development of others and the overall Customer Experience delivered by the Advocates and Operations Coordinators. They also demonstrate a clear ability to provide both high-level and detailed updates to stakeholders, inside and outside of the support organization.
This position is based in Toronto, Canada and requires onsite work at our Toronto office 2-3 days per week.
What You Will Do
- Oversee support channels and maintain our SLAs. Our Customers come first!
- Manage, lead, train and develop advocates specifically around call management, quality, absenteeism and behavioural growth
- Support the daily activity of Advocates and Coordinators. Field questions, ensure we stay ahead of any experiential issues, track daily tasks, and support Customer Accounts
- Engage the team as the SME in all aspects of Tonal. Whether that be Order Management, Installation, Troubleshooting, or workflow best practices and service experience
- Supervise project assignments provided by leadership to bolster customer care initiatives
- Monitor, develop, and implement team best practices to increase productivity, quality, and CSAT
- Communicate gaps and recommendations relating to training, documentation, workflow, and process to stakeholders. Identify trends across the team and individuals
- Recognize and escalate high priority issues for manager visibility and keep stakeholders updated on recommendations early and often
- Prepare and assist with Customer-focused initiatives such as proactive outreach campaigns, beta programs, and VoC deep dives
- Take ownership of customers issues and follow problems through to resolution
- Provide support to all other departments with customer service and related issues
- This position includes some on-call work, including nights and weekends
Who You Are
- 2-4 years working in a call center or Customer-facing environment
- 1-2 years working in a people leader role
- Experience with holistic support organizations and can speak to how Training, Content, Quality, and Operations work together to deliver white glove service
- You are a creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a demanding fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to coach and motivate a team
- You are detail-oriented and possess great verbal and written communication skills
- You communicate early and often, proactively sharing progress updates and flagging challenges; you lead by example
- You have a positive attitude and put the Customer Experience first!
- Experience supporting products that deliver hardware, firmware, and software
The range of base salary for the position is between $80,000 - $87,000 CAD plus equity and benefits. We take into consideration an individual’s background, experience, and location in determining their salary. This role is also eligible for health insurance, retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, flexible paid time off, parental leave, and other additional benefits.
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.