Director, Growth Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
The Director of Growth Marketing will focus on developing and executing omnichannel, full funnel strategies for customer acquisition, including the development of media plans that drive awareness, purchase intent, lead generation, and ultimately sales at efficient rates. You and your team will lead brand and performance marketing, traditional and digital media, CRM, and the e-commerce strategy for Tonal.com including optimization, efficient ROI, and scaling of these channels. You will partner closely with leaders across analytics, brand and product marketing, and retail teams as you develop and execute plans. You will be able to shape what exists while also being responsible for building net-new strategies and approaches to support short and long term business growth. This is a manager position that will require you to think strategically and execute with your team members while creating a culture of collaboration and nurturing career growth.
What You Will Do
- Be responsible for the vision and execution of omnichannel paid media campaigns, including but not limited to Paid Social, SEM, Linear TV, OTT/Streaming platforms, Podcast/Streaming Audio, Affiliate, and Direct Mail
- Manage and expand the e-commerce experience that leverages performance data and customer insights to drive efficient conversion rates from home page to ordering
- Lead the CRM (email, SMS, etc.) strategy and execution including developing multi-channel plans, optimizing journeys, and implementing process improvements to support CRM operations
- Identify new tactics to diversify the media mix and performance marketing plans across audiences
- Engage with executive and senior management stakeholders to represent growth marketing including the presentation of media strategies, GTM plans, and performance retrospectives
- Partner with Analytics and Finance teams on forecasting and demand planning, setting budgets, and modeling ROI media, e-comm and CRM channels
- Oversee marketing managers and external partners responsible for paid/performance marketing and e-comm channels. Identify new partners as needed
- Make the repeatable easier by implementing efficient processes and building data dashboards that support sharing media and performance data across the broader organization
Who You Are
- 10+ years experience managing media buying, preferably with experience in the D2C space, subscription services, or consumer electronics
- Experienced people manager with a passion for coaching your direct reports
- Experience sourcing and leading external partners to achieve goals
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to drive projects in a cross-functional environment
- Growth-minded with the ability to adapt and solve problems within a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Ability to inform and influence decisions across all levels with strong communication skills
- Ability to communicate data with storytelling
- Experience working and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Health and wellness advocate who values the intersection of consumer electronics and physical and mental wellbeing
- Extra credit: experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
The range of base salary for the position is between $234,600 - $253,000 USD plus equity and benefits. We take into consideration an individual’s background, experience, and location in determining their salary. This role is also eligible for health insurance, retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, flexible paid time off, parental leave, and other additional benefits.
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.