IT Support Engineer
IT, Customer Service
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, October 6, 2023
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced IT Support Engineer to join our team. As an IT Support Engineer, you will help deliver a seamless IT experience for Tonal’s growing team of 400+ employees and be a key member of the Business Technology team. You will be responsible for maintaining the smooth operation of our internal technology infrastructure and providing technical support to all employees globally. This position is a hybrid role, combining remote and on-site support, with up to 50% on-site presence at our Toronto office required.
What You Will Do
- Help Desk and Remote Support: Provide day-to-day Help Desk support for Mac and Windows operating systems, including software installation, troubleshooting, and hardware maintenance. Serve as a technical resource for all internal employees, addressing technology-related needs and issues promptly and effectively, and supporting the onboarding of new employees to IT tools and systems
- Infrastructure Management: Integrate new tools and systems into Tonal's IT infrastructure. Manage onsite infrastructure in our Toronto office, including networking, conference equipment, and device lab. Procure, configure, and manage conference room audiovisual (A/V) equipment, ensuring seamless operation for All Hands presentations and company meetings
- IT Tools and Application Support: Manage a suite of IT tools, including identity management with Okta, across a broad tech stack. Provide ongoing support to internal stakeholders on maintenance and troubleshooting, identifying root causes and providing technical support when needed
- Networking Troubleshooting: Investigate and resolve networking issues, including connectivity, routing, VPN, and wireless networks, to maintain optimal network performance. Experience with Cisco Meraki environments/Ubiquiti is a plus
- Project Management: Take a lead role in planning and executing IT projects, including system upgrades, software deployments, and infrastructure enhancements
- Automation Development: Identify opportunities for process automation and develop solutions to streamline IT operations. Leverage automation tools to enhance productivity and overall technology performance
Who You Are
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience in IT support roles
- Proven track record of successfully leading IT projects, demonstrating strong planning, execution, and documentation skills
- Hands-on experience with configuring and managing conference room A/V equipment, ensuring reliable and user-friendly operations
- Experience supporting SaaS applications including Google Workspace, Zoom, Slack, Atlassian, 1Password, and AWS IAM
- Solid grounding in core enterprise applications, including single sign-on, multi-factor authentication, mobile device management, security, and backup
- Experience developing and executing automations to streamline IT operations, improve efficiency, and enhance overall technology performance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively in a remote environment and provide technical guidance to non-technical business team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Experience with Jira Service Desk for ticket tracking
- Certifications such as CompTIA A+, Network+, or Security+, AWS, GCP, Jamf, and a commitment to professional development
- Experience with fleet management and endpoint security tools (Kandji, Microsoft Intune, and SentinelOne/CrowdStrike) to manage macOS and Windows systems
The range of base salary for the position is between $93,000 - $100,000 CAD plus equity and benefits. We take into consideration an individual’s background, experience, and location in determining their salary. This role is also eligible for health insurance, retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, flexible paid time off, parental leave, and other additional benefits.
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.