Senior Hardware Program Manager
Other Engineering, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
In this role, you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large hardware projects end-to-end. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside vendors to develop optimal solutions for new features, verticals, and markets. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
What You Will Do
- Drive execution of complex hardware programs this includes the following:
- Lead interdisciplinary teams through the productization of a concept
- Drive and motivate the cross-functional team to deliver the product(s) as per the agreed-to requirements and cross-functionally manage other internal team members
- Report or coordinate the reporting to stakeholders of each key elements of product requirements (performance, reliability, cost)
- Responsible for creating all project plans, including the schedule
- Lead milestone and gate reviews (concept, proto, EVT, DVT, PVT)
- Coordination and planning of all engineering builds at the supplier and drive the configuration management deliverables to ensure the timely release of all assemblies to production
- Communicate the status of the program to the executive team, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Drive accountability of each cross functional team, including software, content, and operations
- Direct supply and commodity managers to meet aggressive material cost targets
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical or related/equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience managing complex technology projects with aggressive schedules
- Proficient at creating and tracking complex development schedules, managing issues and tracking bugs
- Possess an ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a timely manner
- Experience managing the introduction of new technologies
- Solid understanding of product development lifecycles
- Strong understanding of technical requirements for technology integration
- Hands-on experience at overseas manufacturing facilities
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with Agile program management
The range of base salary for the position is between $184,000 - $199,000 USD plus equity and benefits. We take into consideration an individual’s background, experience, and location in determining their salary. This role is also eligible for health insurance, retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, flexible paid time off, parental leave, and other additional benefits.
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.