Senior Product Manager, AI and Insights
Software Engineering, Product, Data Science
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 3, 2024
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
Tonal is seeking a dynamic Senior Product Manager to lead our AI and Insights product efforts. As a cutting-edge technology company at the forefront of AI, with a massive trove of unique fitness data, we are committed to pushing the boundaries of what is possible. In this key role, you will be instrumental in shaping and executing our product strategy to drive growth and technological advancement.
What You Will Do
- Product Vision and Strategy - Develop and communicate a clear product vision and strategy for AI-driven software solutions, aligning with the company's overarching goals.
- Identify market trends and customer needs to define a roadmap that ensures our products remain at the forefront of AI innovation.
- Collaborate with data scientists and engineers to integrate AI insights seamlessly into our software offerings, leveraging the wealth of unique data at our disposal.
- Drive the development of advanced analytics and machine learning features to deliver unparalleled value to our customers.
- Lead cross-functional software development teams through the entire product development lifecycle.
- Prioritize features, enhancements, and bug fixes based on customer feedback, business objectives, and data-driven insights.
- Conduct market analysis to understand competitor offerings and industry trends.
- Utilize insights to make informed decisions, differentiating our software solutions and ensuring a competitive edge.
- Engage with customers to understand their needs and pain points, translating feedback into actionable product improvements.
- Work closely with UX/UI teams to ensure a seamless and intuitive user experience.
- Stay abreast of ethical considerations related to AI and ensure our products comply with industry standards and regulations.
- Advocate for responsible AI practices within the product development process.
AI Insights Integration:
Software Development Leadership:
Market Analysis and Competitive Intelligence:
AI Ethics and Compliance:
Who You Are
- Passionate about health and fitness and helping our members be their strongest
- 7+ years of experience working on successful consumer products at fast-growing companies
- Deep understanding of AI technologies, machine learning, and data analytics.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Very analytically rigorous but also a consumer-experience-first thinker
- An extremely creative thinker, always challenging and improving your work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Very high attention-to-detail and organization
- Highly effective communicator
The range of base salary for the position is between $155,000 - $199,000 USD plus equity and benefits. We take into consideration an individual’s background, experience, and location in determining their salary. This role is also eligible for health insurance, retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, flexible paid time off, parental leave, and other additional benefits.
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.