Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Monday, November 22, 2021
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
Tonal is looking for a Shop Manager to lead our Nordstrom Partnership Location at King of Prussia. In this player-coach role, you will be responsible for driving sales and the Tonal Experience while overseeing a small team. You’ll work closely with your Area Manager to provide an exceptional client experience. If you’re passionate about helping people be their strongest, have a high bar for client experience, and love to solve meaningful problems, Tonal is the place for you.
What You Will Do
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of Tonal’s product and brand image
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve desired results
- Lead and support all activities to meet and exceed the partnership location’s business sales goals. Accountable for all aspects of the store (scheduling, operating budget, store maintenance, sales goals)
- You are responsible for hours management and scheduling of your team
- Lead a profitable shop by motivating your direct report to achieve your sales plan; by utilizing company tools to plan to meet sales targets with labor hours strategically; by accurately tracking labor hours and expenses
- Coach your direct report to develop exceptional client relationships and promote a sales culture to build productivity
- Hold the team accountable for follow-up with in-store leads and drive business to move clients through the sales process
- Train and develop team members and peers across the region to promote growth and development
- Proactively recruit, interview, and select qualified, diverse candidates to build a talent pipeline to achieve business goals
- Execute and oversee the hiring process, including interviews and onboarding
- Establish shop presence in the community by fostering positive relationships with clients and other retailers
- Responsible for ensuring the shop meets company guidelines in operating, opening, and closing procedures
- Have an in-depth understanding of competitors in the field
- Develop exceptional client relationships and promote a sales culture to build productivity
- Provide personalized demonstrations, calibrations and workout experiences to discover clients’ individual needs to meet their health and wellness goals with Tonal as the solution
- Facilitate client relationships through discovery, purchase, product training and in-home installation
- Maintain guest information, preferences, and feedback using established Tonal sales systems (Salesforce)
- Conduct phone and/or email outreach to new clients to communicate updates and follow-ups
- Assist in implementing grassroots marketing initiatives to grow the brand & influence the market
- Maintain an organized and clean sales floor area with an attention to detail
- Perform opening and closing procedures
- Unpack boxes for inventory as required (boxes can weigh 5 - 30 lbs)
Who You Are
- 2+ years of sales experience in retail, fitness, service, or hospitality industries.
- Supervisory experience is preferred with a player-coach mentality
- Ability to deliver great client experiences that build loyalty and deliver measurable sales results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You’re invigorated by interaction with clients, whether groups or individuals. You are approachable, a good listener, and an enthusiastic brand representative
- Flexibility, ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experienced in analyzing sales reports and business trends
- You’re organized, especially with time management, and you follow through on next steps
- Flexibility to work a standard retail schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Applicants are a minimum of 18 years of age
- Requires bending, stooping, reaching up, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform routine tasks for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Use of hands and/or arms while performing client demos.
- Fitness industry experience
- Luxury or high-end product experience
- Proficiency with Apple Products, Google Suite, and Salesforce is a plus
The range of base salary for the position is between $24.00 - $27.00/hour USD
We take into consideration an individual’s background, experience, and location in determining their salary.
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.