Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 2, 2021
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
Tonal is looking for a Shop Manager to lead one of our Partnership Locations. In this role, you will be responsible for driving sales, leading the Tonal Experience and overseeing other team members. You’ll be working closely with your Regional Manager in an effort to provide an exceptional customer experience. If you’re passionate about helping people be their strongest, have a high bar for customer experience, and love to solve challenging problems, Tonal is the place for you.
What You Will Do
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of Tonal’s product and brand image
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve desired results
- Lead and support all activities to meet the partnership location’s business goals. Accountable for all aspects of the store (scheduling, operating budget, store maintenance, sales goals, merchandising and stocking)
- You are responsible for hours management and scheduling of your teamLead a profitable shop by enrolling the entire team to achieve your sales plan; by utilizing company tools to strategically plan to meet sales targets with labor hours; by accurately tracking labor hours and expenses
- Coach your team to develop exceptional customer relationships and promote a sales culture to build productivity
- Hold the team accountable for follow-up with in-store leads and drive business, to move customers through the sales process
- Train and develop team members to promote growth and developmentProactively recruit, interview, and select qualified, diverse candidates to build a talent pipeline to achieve business goals
- Execute and oversee the hiring process, including interviews and on-boarding
- Establish store presence in the community by fostering positive relationships with clients and other retailers
- Responsible for ensuring the store meets company guidelines in operating, opening and closing proceduresHave an in-depth understanding of competitors in the field
- Develop exceptional customer relationships and promote a sales culture to build productivity
- Provide a personalized demo experience and work to discover customers’ individual needs to meet their health and wellness goals with Tonal as the solution
- Facilitate customer relationships through discovery, purchase, product training and in-home installation
- Lead Tonal demonstrations, calibrations and workouts with both scheduled and walk-in guests
- Deliver on and exceed sales goals
- Maintain guest information, preferences and feedback using established Tonal sales systems (Salesforce)
- Conduct phone and/or email outreach to new clients to communicate updates and follow-ups
- Assist in implementing grassroots marketing initiatives to grow the brand & influence the market
- Where Standard Operating Procedures do not exist, partner with the corporate retail team to develop policies and procedures
- Maintain an organized and clean sales floor area with an attention to detail
- Perform opening and closing proceduresUnpack boxes for inventory as required (boxes can weigh 5 - 30 lbs)
Who You Are
- 2+ years sales experience in retail, fitness, service or hospitality industries.
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Ability to deliver great customer experiences that build loyalty and deliver measurable sales results
- Strong verbal communication skills. You’re invigorated by interaction with customers, whether groups or individuals. You are approachable, a good listener, and an enthusiastic brand representative
- Flexibility, ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experienced in analyzing sales reports and business trends
- Excellent written communication skills.
- You’re organized, and you follow through on next steps
- You’re organized especially with time management, and you follow through on next steps
- Flexibility to work a standard retail schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Proficiency with Apple Products, Google Suite, and Salesforce a plus
- Applicants are a minimum of 18 years of age
- Fitness industry experience
- Luxury or high-end product experience
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.