Director of Finance
Who We Are:
We’re a full-service creative shop born out of ATTN:’s purpose-driven mission to bring attention to the things that matter. We exist to build brands for the attention era. We accelerate growth for brands, putting them at the center of culture so they become the center of attention. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial spirits, creative minds and makers and we’re lucky enough to work with some of the world’s most innovative brands and culturally connected brands.
What We Are Looking For:
Reporting into the CEO, the Director of Finance develops the process and guidelines for financial budgets, forecasting and planning - based on strategic plans and initiatives. They are responsible for directing the company’s general accounting practices and operations, financial controls, and internal and external reporting, which includes regulatory reporting, oversight of financial information systems, external audits, and tax efforts. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and effective communicator who can inform and direct decisions using financial analysis and logical reasoning.
In this role the Director of Finance will:
- Manage all aspects of the accounting and finance functions for the company, including, but not limited to, general ledger, financial reporting, budgeting, financial modeling and analysis, accounts payable, accounts receivable, production accounting, and payroll.
- Assist in the preparation of comprehensive monthly reporting package and financial analysis for parent company, including but not limited to, GAAP-compliant financials, MD&A commentary, sales pipeline analysis and KPI trends.
- Maintain and update the Company’s financial model, including analyzing detailed operating projections and monitoring the business unit level results. Lead all annual budget planning activities and provide regular monthly updates to the CEO and Executive leadership.
- Manage a team of 3-4 individuals. Lead, train, develop, motivate, and evaluate staff in order to maintain a high level of employee commitment and competence for sustained and self-reliant performance and achievement of the company goals.
- Monitor ongoing performance against company growth objectives, identify problems, and initiate appropriate corrective action to ensure that the company is moving toward its target revenue and profit goals.
- Assist parent company in all tax planning and compliance matters, including but not limited to, federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable tax filings.
- Develop policies, procedures, and internal controls to assure accurate and cost-effective accounting operations.
- Work closely with the CEO, department heads and executive leadership team to deliver reports and analysis that help identify sales and operational efficiency opportunities.
- Develop and maintain appropriate accounting processes and internal controls.
- Create usable budgets for the business, including evaluating the needs of each department.
- Support the CEO in the achievement of company and departmental objectives, including the preparation of ad hoc reports and analysis.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible financial management experience (advanced knowledge of media, entertainment and/or production accounting highly preferred)
- CPA is highly preferred
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Strong technical U.S. GAAP accounting knowledge
- Superior knowledge of financial reporting, forecasting and modeling
- Strong project management skills including an ability to multi-task, prioritize and respond quickly within a rapidly changing environment
- Detail and results oriented
- Strong leadership and business acumen
- Exceptional technical writing, analytical, and problem solving skills
This position has an estimated annual salary range of $180,000 - $225,000. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, and some role-dependent factors. We welcome direct conversations with each candidate about compensation in all of our initial calls.
Candidates must be based in Los Angeles or New York. If located in Los Angeles, this will be a hybrid role with 2 days in office.
Our Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ATTN: is committed to building and fostering a workplace of diversity and employee inclusion. ATTN: does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.